Get your Shrimp here

Zucht , breeding Cambarellus

taheton

GF-Mitglied
Bewertungen
Garneleneier
Hi i would like to know how do you breed cambarellus, I know In my country we ahve many cambarellus in wild, montezumae, patazcuarensis etc, etc, but we do not have them as pets ,and we don breed them, I would like to lear to breed them .

Hallo Taheton

my english is not so good, but i will try to explain.
The tank should be round abound 60 L. Lengh 60 cm and 20 or 35 cm deep.
No heating. The temperatur could be 18- 27 degrees. ( is it possible in mexico city?) If it will be an higher temperatur you can cool the water with a ventilator.
PH 6,5 to 7,5
KH and GH higher than 5. (my CPO live in KH and GH lower than 5)
in the tank you have to make a lot of little caves for the pets. Maybe stones of a vulcan or other stones.
for beginning you take 2 female an 1 male. If you catch them by yourself, take more so that you are sure, that you get male and female. I think you can take 5 or 10.

you will see, the babies will coming soon.

I hope you understand my broken english.:)

lovely greetings

Thnak you very mutch, the temperature here is between 18-30 grades all times :) water gh is around 8 ph 8 i`ll get some from some shop they are sold as turtle food

*lol turtle food? that`s cool, cause here you pay a lot of money for them. why don`t start your own breeding business and sell them worldwide :D

Hey David

Look on this page :

http://www.garnelenzucht.de/patzcuarensis.htm

Its only about the CPO ,but there is a lot you can use for another Cambarellus , Montezumae, Patazcuarensis and some others .
It is written in Germany so i think , you have to translate it .

Whish you a lot of fun by learning.

Thank you very mutch it is really usefull, But here we dont have orange cambarellus I will try to get patzcuarensis and breed them until I get an Organge one, I would like to know how to recognize a Patzcuarensis here they are sold mixed with other cambarellus under the name Acocil that comes from an old language named Nahuatl and its original writing was acotzilli .

that`s a good question. I mean, it is easy to distinguish the species here as we are normally after the orange buddies :) maybe you can google a side where the differences are described? or you may ask your dealer there. but i don`t know whether it is reasonable to breed them until you get an orange one. I don`t know how long it took to stabilize this phenotype. but it may have been years.... I guess it depends on how old you are and how much time you still have :D
wouldn`t it be easier to have someone send you an orange one?

Zurück
Oben